Sunday, August 3, 2014

Linda's Pasta Salad

So, if there is an official name for this pasta salad, I don't know what it is.  Thus, when I got the recipe years ago, I named it after the awesome lady who shared it with me.  And now I just call it Linda's Pasta Salad.

And it's way yummy.  You could probably add chicken to it, if you want to make it a main dish.  I pretty much always make it as a side dish, though.

3 cups cooked and cooled pasta (colorful rotini is especially eye-pleasing, but I always just have plain elbow)
1/2 of a large red onion, diced small
1 cucumber, cut into small pieces
1 to 2 tomatoes (depending on size), diced
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Seasoning salt to taste

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Cover and marinate 2 hours overnight.  Serve cold.  Serves 6 to 8.

Added bonus is that I get to use a cucumber from my garden!

No comments: